Butlin Property Services have the expertise and knowledge to make home buying and selling a smooth and simple process for our clients.
Our friendly and experienced teams are on hand to ensure you achieve the best price and minimal hassle in a time frame that works for you.
Having been a big part of the investment market for over 20 years, we have since opened our doors to the wider residential market. Re-sales or Rentals, we want to hear from you! Our professional and personal customer service will keep you fully informed throughout the duration of your time with us.
With fully trained and qualified staff it means you can be sure you are dealing with a professional agent adhering to the highest standards in the industry.
We believe in dealing with people in an honest, fair and professional manner and you can be assured that by choosing BPS you will have the best personal service and at a very competitive rate.
Our business has been built solely upon our reputation. Every call is important to us and whether it is a new client, a prospective tenant/purchaser or somebody looking for some friendly advice, at BPS we are more than happy to assist.
Butlin Property Services offer you an efficient and comprehensive sales service with the opportunities to tailor make a marketing package to suit your needs.
By choosing Butlin Property Services you know we are looking after your interests and you can feel secure in the knowledge that you and your property are in safe hands.
‘Our commitment to selling your house and the customer service we offer is second to none’.
[zoomtabsandaccordions skin=”skin-box” design_tabsposition=”top” design_transition=”default” settings_enable_linking=”off” settings_is_always_accordion=”off” toggle_type=”accordion” settings_appendwholecontent=”off” design_tabswidth=”default” refresh_tab_height=”0″][dzstaa_tab][dzstaa_tab_title]Selling[/dzstaa_tab_title][dzstaa_tab_content]
In the first instance we are pleased to visit your property and recommend an appropriate market value and asking price. Our aim is to achieve the best price for your property and at the same time make it appealing to prospective purchasers.
Our sales valuations are completely free and without obligation. If we do not sell your property there is NO charge.
- Quality Sales Particulars. It is essential that your property benefits from accurate and well-presented sales particulars.
- Multi branch marketing. Each of our offices is linked by a computer system that allows marketing of your property between branches and enables us to automatically access our database of buyers for matching.
- Video walk throughs
- Colour digital photographs both internally and externally
- Floor plans
- Accurate and descriptive particulars
- Dedicated sales negotiator per property. We like to make it all as stress-free and simple as possible
- Eye catching For Sale boards positioned, subject to your approval, on your property in the most convenient location to attract a purchaser
- Internet Marketing including Rightmove, On The Market and our own comprehensive website giving exposure to
- potential purchasers both nationally and worldwide.
- Customer Service. Our clients receive regular telephone and email updates and are kept fully informed of the progress being made throughout the sales process.
- Extensive Local Knowledge paramount in providing accurate valuations
- Local Offices in Clarendon Park, Leicester and Birstall covering the East Midlands
These are all vital to show your property at its very best. We will provide potential purchasers with the ‘feel good’ factor for your property as well as attracting them to any unique selling points your property may have.
Butlin Property Services are regulated and licensed and members of the regulating bodies ARLA and The Property Ombudsman.
[dzstaa_tab][dzstaa_tab_title]Preparing your property for sale[/dzstaa_tab_title][dzstaa_tab_content]
The right first impression counts. Preparing your home for viewers is important. Below are tips to showcase your property to potential buyers to help sell it faster and can potentially add thousands of pounds to its value:
Declutter – but not depersonalize
- Clear all the excess that has accumulated in every nook and cranny. Buyers need to be able to envisage what the property would look like if they were living there.
- People are often buying into a lifestyle as much as a property. Show them the attractive side of your lifestyle
- Consider removing any bulky furniture that makes the room feel small and replacing it with smaller furniture
Freshen up repaint
- Refresh walls with a neutral paint to make your home seem lighter and bigger. This will make it easier for the buyers to move in and use the rooms immediately than if the walls were still bright purple or lime green.
- Thoroughly clean the front door or repaint to create the first good impression.
Repair and clean
- Make any minor repairs necessary – holes in walls, broken door knobs, cracked tiles, torn or threadbare carpets.
- Clean everything until it sparkles. Clear limescale, clean and repair tile grout, ensure there are no household odour’s. This will make the place more appealing.
- Tidy up the garden: cut bushes back, clean the patio and furniture and cut the grass. While this doesn’t add much value to your home it makes it more likely to sell as people visualize themselves using the garden
Update the kitchen
- The kitchen is the most valuable room in a house. It is worth the most per square foot and can make the difference when buyers are unsure.
- Consider upgrading kitchen cupboard fronts and counter tops. It is possible to add serious value here.
- Declutter the surfaces and just leave a bowl of fruit out.
Light and airy
- Wall mirrors make a room look much bigger and lighter. Consider putting some up, especially in smaller rooms or hallways.
- Clean windows inside and out, and replace any broken light bulbs.
- Ensure that you have lamps on in any dark corners
- Putting a soft lamp in the bathroom can create a warm glow
Make it look pretty
- Make sure the windows are properly dressed with blinds or curtains as naked windows make a place feel impersonal and run down. Buy some cheap ones (e.g. from Ikea) if necessary
- Plants and flowers bring colour, life and light to a room and also smell delicious.
Get the right smells
- Bad smells are the single biggest turn off for prospective buyers. Don’t cover them up; fix the source of the smell. Clear drains, wash bins, open windows, air the kitchen from old cooking smells.
- If you are a smoker a tip is to place bowls of vinegar around the house and leave out for three days. Though the vinegar will smell, when you open the windows it will disappear.
- Good smells can make a property feel like an alluring home. If time allows baking bread or cakes or brewing fresh coffee will entice visitors to remember your home positively.
Showing the property
- Let your agent show the property. It’s their job to know what things to say, what to highlight and what to downplay and they are they are also effective at answering those tricky questions about the noisy neighbours.
Conveyancing is the term used to describe all the legal work involved in buying a property and creating a mortgage on the property.
It can be a complex process and it is a good idea to appoint dedicated property lawyers, who can handle the transaction for you in a fast and diligent manner.
We can recommend several Conveyancing partners who aim to provide value for money and offer good, clear, concise advice for the duration of the process. Whether you are buying or selling they will ensure you are aware of everything pertinent to your situation and will carefully monitor and keep you up to date throughout the transaction.